none
Windows 10 Product Key

Question

• i have purchased Windows 10 Home Version with a USB drive.  When I am prompted to type in product key it doesn't accept any of the numbers that I have found in the box or outside.  Where is the product key?
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:40 PM

All replies

• If you are prompted to enter a product key, click Do this later and give it a few days, Windows 10 will activate automatically.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:13 AM
  • i have purchased Windows 10 Home Version with a USB drive.  When I am prompted to type in product key it doesn't accept any of the numbers that I have found in the box or outside.  Where is the product key?

Please re-do the installation. Insert the usb and start over.

This time, in the screen where you were asked for a product key during installation............

look for SKIP option or "I do not have a product key" option.
    Then continue.

When installation is completed, click the Start button which is at the bottom left of the taskbar > left side, click Settings > click Update & Security > left side, click Activation > right side, enter the product key you found in the box.

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:22 AM
  • Hi, 

For such kind Windows 10 package, inside of the box from Microsoft that contains the USB key, you should see a slot on the left side once it has been opened that contains a small card with a picture of a key on it. Pull that out and you should see a line of alphanumeric text. 

If you cannot find the key in your package, please contact the Seller you buy the product from. 

If you buy this product on Microsoft Store, contact customer service here: 

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-10-Home/productID.319937100

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:37 AM