Server Manager showing "FTP-SERVER-Online - Access denied" error RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Server 2012 r2 Server manager showing the following error when trying to refresh it

"FTP-SERVER:Configuration refresh failed with the following error:Access is denied"

INFO:

I log on as Local Administrator

Managing the Server Locally with the local Server Manager

There is no Event log error or Error Code in the server

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi AmitabhD,

Do you mean you log on a non-admin account to this server then fresh the server manager then one of server which has added in server manager - “FTP-SERVER”  occur can not refresh status? If yes, please confirm that account has the Allowed logon locally system right on FTP-SERVER first, the simple method is you can logon the server with the non-admin account.

More information:

An Introduction to WinRM Basics

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2010/09/24/an-introduction-to-winrm-basics.aspx

Windows Server 2012 - Server Manager Troubleshooting Guide, Part II: Troubleshoot Manageability Status Errors in Server Manager

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13444.windows-server-2012-server-manager-troubleshooting-guide-part-ii-troubleshoot-manageability-status-errors-in-server-manager.aspx

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:59 AM
  • Hi Alex,

This is window server 2012 r2 running over Hyper v 2012 r2 with FTP role. I just logon to that ftp server with its inbuilt Administrator account but I am getting the following error

"FTP-SERVER:Configuration refresh failed with the following error:Access is denied"

and also not able to add some roles its giving the following error

"Server Manager is collecting inventory data. The wizard will be available after data collection finishes."

there is no event error or any error code on that server

Thursday, January 8, 2015 10:27 AM