Is it possible for an editable form fill doc to become non-editable when saved? RRS feed

• Question

• I work as a graphic designer. We have a customer that wants the word documents on their website to have editable form fills with non-editable legal text. I have been able to create that, but now they want the form fills to become non-editable after the end user fills in the forms and saves the document. Is that possible?
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:52 PM

Answers

• If the not understanding is an issue of not knowing what to do with it, see the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me out?” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"KatEyesOO" wrote in message news:54458858-acdd-4161-afc0-257ef56b5403@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I didn't understand any of that. Could you dumb that down for me please?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:22 PM

All replies

• It could be done using VBA

Dim i As Long
    With ActiveDocument
       For i = 1 To .FormFields.Count
           .FormFields(i).Enabled = False
       Next i
    End With
     -- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"KatEyesOO" wrote in message news:8f78560d-353f-4741-9b2b-a43ef47dd609@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I work as a graphic designer. We have a customer that wants the word documents on their website to have editable form fills with non-editable legal text. I have been able to create that, but now they want the form fills to become non-editable after the end user fills in the forms and saves the document. Is that possible?

Friday, April 1, 2011 10:19 PM
  • I didn't understand any of that. Could you dumb that down for me please?
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:01 PM
  • Hardly, but what it does is step through each of the formfields in the document and change the "Enabled" property of the formfield from True to False as a result of which it will no longer be possible for the user to change the contents of the formfields.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"KatEyesOO" wrote in message news:54458858-acdd-4161-afc0-257ef56b5403@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:20 PM
  • If the not understanding is an issue of not knowing what to do with it, see the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me out?” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:22 PM