none
How can I Import PST file into Newly configured Outlook 2016?

Question

• Hi Expert, 

Yesterday I was trying to import an ost file into newly configured Outlook 2016, But I couldn't find any Import ost option in Outlook. Afterward  I did search a lot in google and found some threads which was explaining about how to import ost file into Outlook . But some experts and Microsoft MVPs suggesting that OST file cannot directly open in Outlook and can be convert OST file to PST using some third party utility and then import Converted PST file to Outlook. Now, I want to know how can i import this converted PST file to Outlook 2016?

Friday, April 28, 2017 7:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Jason,

This forum is for development issues related to Outlook object model. Your issue is out of scope, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum to discuss non-programming issues.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 1, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Hi Jason,

To import PST files into Outlook 2016, please go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export > Import from another program or file > Outlook Data File (.pst). See the following article for detailed steps:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Import-email-contacts-and-calendar-from-an-Outlook-pst-file-431a8e9a-f99f-4d5f-ae48-ded54b3440ac

However, if the PST file is large, instead of importing the PST file, it's recommended to open the PST file in Outlook directly via File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File, and then drag and drop the emails you would like to import to the destination mail folders in current email account.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:53 AM
  • To import PST file to Outlook you can use the manual procedure to add PST file in Outlook 2016

1. In Outlook 2016, click the File
    2. Click Open and the open Outlook Data files.
    3. Select the PST file you want to import then ok.

The Above method may not be that effective as is does not receive all the possible content of the imported PST file. So I suggest go for Add Outlook PST  that totally supports both the versions of Outlook PST files i.e. ANSI PST and UNICODE PST created by all the version of  MS Outlook including 2010, 2013 and the latest version Outlook 2016.

Read more: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-to-Import-PST-files-to-db64b005?redir=0

Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:40 PM