Windows 10storage service wont shutdown RRS feed

• Question

•       I get ID error 7023 ether manually or at shutdown I tried the canned responses from Microsoft such as dism & sfc /scannow which did not work.

Microsoft released Windows 10 to soon before it was perfected. I spend more time working out the bugs than actually using it.

I also have a problem doing an image backup to a nas device it worked some of the time before version 1607 but since 1607 has not worked at all.

Maybe to get someones attention at Microsoft is to start a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for selling features that don't work with their product.

• Edited by pmm4444 Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:03 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi pmm4444,

What is the exact error messages you have got?

For the error "7023", we could refer to the following link to troubleshoot it. Run sc query service_name (where service_name is the name of the service) at the command prompt to display the general Windows WIN32_EXIT_CODE error code that the Service Control Manager encountered when trying to stop the service.
    Event ID 7023 — Service Stop Operations(The steps should be applied to other versions)
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756318%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    We also could try to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot whether the issue is caused by a third party service.
    Clean boot
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929135

"  I also have a problem doing an image backup to a nas device it worked some of the time before version 1607 but since 1607 has not worked at all."
    Have you got any error messages when you try to perform a backup?
    Please ensure the NAS device is compatible with Windows 10. If the device is connected to the machine, please ensure you have got a Windows 10 compatible driver for the NAS drive. For Windows 10.1607 version, all the drivers should be trused by Microsoft or it won`t work well.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:01 AM