Com Surrogate Error Message & Sku011.cab RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternon to all,

I just found this site and so far it appears you guys have some helful suggestions/solutions.  It nice to electronically meet you. 

I am very good with computers but the below problems are starting to make me second guess that.  Plus I just lost a computer that usually I can just take apart and it will work, but I think it will now be used for parts.  It is paramount that I get this other computer fixed and I am battling some health issues that, along with everything, don't leave me a lot of cash to call someone to help.  If there is a possiblity to do it myself; I need to attempt to exhaust all those options...ha ha ha

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3 & Microsoft Office 2003.  I have 4 computers on my network and have never had any problems.  Now all of the sudden my Print to Adobe has disappeared, Any time I use any Microsoft Office App, the SKU011.Cab pops up asking for the installation location or the disk.  Once I cancel it 90 times after I search everywhere, the application will pop up so I know it is there.  Additionally, I get the Com Surrogate Message no matter what I am doing and when I close that 50 times, I will be able to get to internet but if the site requires a login I can type it in and nothing will happen and now it wont let me get into user accounts because it is saying I am not the Administrator and I am.  I saw that Chappy1 gave some advice on Vista and was wondering if the process is similar with Win XP that is compatible with Vista?  I would welcome any solid advice at this time, as I am about to throw all the computers out the window....  Please help if anyone can. 

Thanks Britt (oldsoul) 

Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is probably caused by certain DVD software.

If you are using DivX, you should be upgraded to the very latest version.

If you are using Nero, you can try upgrading to the latest version.

As a workaround, we can try the following to stop the error message:

Right click on Computer, and choose Properties. under Advanced, click Settings.
    Select the “Data Execution Protection” tab, and then click “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select xxxx?

Click on the Add button, and then browse to C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:50 AM