why users lost their access to share point to the files: RRS feed

• Question

• I,m admin for office 365 Share point site.

I setup access and permit-ion and the access to site working well

This week 2 users( they have full access because of management level) lost access on one folder named "ARCHIVED"

Strange that other users with view or read access had the access to the folder "Archived" all the time.

To result the problem, i removed 2 users permit-ion and add up again to the folder and the result is... Archived folders is back to view to the managers.... BUT

I can not ind out why the access was lost...

Any ideas,please

Regaards

Isaac

Friday, June 23, 2017 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Isaac

We need more details to answer your question? What was the error message they were getting when trying to access this folder. Did they have permissions everywhere else but just lost access to this folder? Did you look at audit reports for permission changes before giving them access back? Please let me know.

Thanks

Friday, June 23, 2017 8:47 PM
  • Good morning, Thanks for your proper respond.

What was the error message they were getting when trying to access this folder.

Answer:No error message, they could see only one file at this folder, but not 5 subfolders

Did they have permissions everywhere else but just lost access to this folder?

Answer: no, just this folder

Did you look at audit reports for permission changes before giving them access back? 

Answer: I did not, it was my mistake not to check

Thnaks

Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:03 PM
  • Please make sure you check server logs and see if you can locate any specific issue. 

Thanks

Monday, June 26, 2017 5:16 PM
  • Share point is part of  Office 365...

Where are the server logs on Office 365 ?

Thnaks

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:28 PM