autocorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I am new at using autocorrect. I am in autocorrect exceptions and want to add something. Both the add and delete buttons are not highlighted, so I cannot not press them, therefore cannot add anything. What do I do?
    Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:58 PM

Answers

• To create a new exception, activate the appropriate tab, then enter the exception in the box. The Add button will then become enabled.

For example, if you don't want IDs to be "corrected" to Ids, activate the INitial CAps tab of the Exceptions dialog, enter IDs in the Don't correct box, then click Add.

To delete an existing exception, select that exception in the list. The Delete button will then become enabled - click it.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:46 PM
    Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

If we want to add some autocorrect, then first, we must enter the content in the Replace and With textbox, then the Add button will be enabled.

If we want to delete some autocorrects, then we must select them first, then the Delete button will be enabled.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:18 AM

All replies

• To create a new exception, activate the appropriate tab, then enter the exception in the box. The Add button will then become enabled.

For example, if you don't want IDs to be "corrected" to Ids, activate the INitial CAps tab of the Exceptions dialog, enter IDs in the Don't correct box, then click Add.

To delete an existing exception, select that exception in the list. The Delete button will then become enabled - click it.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

If we want to add some autocorrect, then first, we must enter the content in the Replace and With textbox, then the Add button will be enabled.

If we want to delete some autocorrects, then we must select them first, then the Delete button will be enabled.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:18 AM