none
Disable the Complexity password setting from Domain controller.

Question

• Hi Flocks

I want to disable the complexity of password setting though the GPO, So I have done further configuration.

Enforce password history-- 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age--0 days mean never expired

Minimum password age--0 days so any time user can change the password.

Minimum password length 3 characters

Password must complexity requirements -- disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption -- not define.

But no luck to disable the complexity setting still it is  pop-up one windows while create account in AD with 3 character password (123) "Windows can set the password for user because: the password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements."

you suggestion will be highly appreciated..

Regards, Md Ehteshamuddin Khan All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Did you do a gpupdate /force after changing the group policy ?

If you find this helpful, kindly mark as answer. If you have any queries, please post back as a reply. Will look forward to your feedback. Thanking You Soumyajyoti Biswas

Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:10 AM
  • > I want to disable the complexity of password setting though the GPO

Where did you link this GPO? It MUST be linked to the domain itself (not
    an OU below), and the PDC Emulator MUST be able to apply it.

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Monday, September 21, 2015 10:46 AM
  • Hi Flocks

I want to disable the complexity of password setting though the GPO, So I have done further configuration.

Enforce password history-- 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age--0 days mean never expired

Minimum password age--0 days so any time user can change the password.

Minimum password length 3 characters

Password must complexity requirements -- disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption -- not define.

But no luck to disable the complexity setting still it is  pop-up one windows while create account in AD with 3 character password (123) "Windows can set the password for user because: the password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements."

you suggestion will be highly appreciated..

Regards, Md Ehteshamuddin Khan All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

can you also double check on Local security Policy at Administrative tools

Aliyani Sabrey http://netoverme.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:20 AM
  • Hi

If you do not configure the Lockout Duration to be greater than or equal to the Observation Window you will receive an error on completion Operation failed. Error code: 0x20e7 The modification was not permitted for security reasons. 000020E7: SvcErr: DSID-030506C3, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0 which can be resolved by backing up through the wizard and modifying the Lockout Duration time to be greater than or equal to the Observation Window

http://serverville.blogspot.com/2011/12/implementing-fine-grainied-password.html

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:25 AM