Performance Point Analytical Chart with secondary axis and bar/line combination RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create an analytical chart in pps which would have two axis, one with currency information for amount measure and one for another measure which would show count. I also want to show count as a line chart and amount and bar chart. I can do it in excel, is it possible to do the same in pps analytical chart?

Aneel Ismaily
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can only have this setup if one of the measures is a percentage.  If one is a percentage it will automatically place this on the second axis for you - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2008/02/12/creating-a-second-y-axis-on-an-analytic-chart.aspx.  This is the same in both 2007 and 2010.

If you want to have more control over it then you would need to look at other tools like Excel (using Excel Services), Reporting Services, or ProClarity.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Aneel Ismaily Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:01 PM
  • thank you this was very helpful.
    Aneel Ismaily
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:44 PM
  • Just butting in on the thread. Is there really no way to force secondary axis on the chart? Any chance this will get enhanced in the next versions? Also, any other alternatives not excel or reporting services?
    MCP, MCSD, MCDBA (dB Wizards)
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:06 AM
  • That is all that is available now.  If you can't use Excel or SSRS as another option you could look at using ProClarity Analytical Server.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:12 PM