Skye for Business 2016 Mac - Weird Certificate Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have few users who all are using SfB Mac client and and are getting these popups periodically. This is specific to only Mac users. For those who are using windows, are all good.

There was a problem verifying the certificate from the server. check your device's clock settings or contact support team.

I've cleared cached credentials and certificates and verified that clients have trusted certificates installed on the machine. 

Any thought?

Regards, ASP _______________ Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by ASP20 Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:32 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you really checked system time and date?

UTC time has to be same on Client as well as server, which is recommended to be configured using an NTP Server.

If you are in a different time zone, just update timezone? Make sure your UTC time is correct.

I am not sure about the exact maximum tolerance between Client time and Server time.

MvH

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Vishnu, 

Verifying the date and time is the 1st thing that I've done. This is happening with the current SfB Mac client only.

Regards, ASP _______________ Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:32 AM
  • What if the MAC user sign in to Windows SFB client 

What if you try to move the MAC user to a different pool?

Abrar Kaberi| MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer | https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrar-kaberi-46a483102/

• Edited by Akabe Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:40 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:40 AM
  • When MAc users signin to Windows SFB client, it works well. Even when it was Lync 2011 client for MAc, it was all good. This has happened after moving them to skype for busienss client for mac.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Any traces of Lync client (Previous client version) on MAC before installing SFB client? Can you verify Skype for Business on Mac build number? Are SFB MAC users, using Outlook side by side of SFB Client?

Is your SFB server CU4 (Latest update)

Abrar Kaberi| MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer | https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrar-kaberi-46a483102/

• Edited by Akabe Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:38 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:32 PM
  • Hi ASP20,

Based on your description, it works fine with Lync 2011 for Mac, so it may be a client side issue.
    What’s your SFB MAC client version? Please install the latest update for your client and test again.

Here is a blog describes how to troubleshooting Lync for MAC, it is for your reference
    http://communicationsknowledge.blogspot.sg/2016/03/how-to-troubleshoot-lync-for-mac-issues.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 2:50 AM
  • So, do I believe. I've updated this to officer insider fast track to get the updates and bug fixes periodically. The version is : Build 16.4.0.246, Skype for Business 2016 Mac.

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Hi ASP20,

Thanks for your response.

Sometimes, the latest update will resolve the weird issue. Did the latest update resolve your issue?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Is there a solution for this?  I am having the same issue.  I am using version 16.6.332.  The company I work for have our our own Lync server.  In Windows 10, Skype for Business 2013 works and it does not require any configuration since the machine is AD integrated and Outlook works as well.  But for Mac, the machine is not integrated to our AD.  My Mac Outlook 2016 works though.  Skype for Business doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

• Edited by Ultragc88 Monday, May 1, 2017 8:03 PM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 6:36 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same issue.

It doesn't seem to be a client issue because I asked one of my colleagues to login with his account on my MAC and it works fine. Also, if I login with my account to another MAC, it works....

Cannot find any advice in forums.

Monday, March 12, 2018 10:36 AM
  • This is most definitely not just a Mac or client issue. I have this happening across the board on Mac & PC clients. We've also made sure all updates have been installed and that our NTP time is correct, and all clients are pulling time from our onsite NTP server, which is our AD controller and is sync'd to ntp.gov time servers.

The issue for us crept up after daylight savings hit Sunday and only happens in a single location.  It works fine outside of this facility, such as at home.

This is most definitely a Microsoft server issue with their service.

MS, please update this ticket and get us a fix ASAP, I have 50 people who can't use SFB now.

Thanks

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:57 PM
  • Is there any answer for this problem from Microsoft? I can login to SfB, however after varying time intervals, the connection drops and I am unable to log back in. It gives this error.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:54 PM
  • I have the same problem with the latest SfB 16.28.120. Maybe somebody know how to download certificate into Keychain and Always Trust it there?..
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:56 AM