none
Xbox App keeps crashing when trying to go to the settings.

Question

• I've never had problems with the xbox app, until now. I'm trying to go to the settings to change through what device the app's sound plays. But i can't seeing as it crashes whenever i click on settings.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Darkspine133,

First, the issue could be caused by the video driver. We could update it to the latest version from the official website of the manufacturer.

You may perform the following solutions that can help resolve problems with the Xbox app on your computer:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Check out this page and follow the prompts on your screen.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/instantanswers/69e76f90-d54c-44cf-9851-c2d1542790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Solution 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Click this link and perform the steps provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/instantanswers/b5e4e2e4-cc9d-47ef-8782-7a1c81e735ef/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Solution 3: Check your device for Windows software and driver updates

To check for the latest updates for your Windows 10-based device, perform the instructions provided here.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/system-requirements/latest-driver-software-updates-windows-10

If the issue still insists, we could try to follow the steps below to repair.

Solution 4: Sign in as a different user

1.Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.

2.Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.

3.Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.

4.Access the Xbox app and check if it now works correctly.

Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app

1.Type Windows Powershell in the search box.

2.Right click Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

3.Copy and paste the following command:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxApp | remove-appxpackage

4.Press Enter.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 9:52 AM