Help - I can no longer login with the Admin acccount- SP Server, Can access Central Admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Today I found that I could not login to my Intranet as the SharePoint Administrator. I can still login to central Admin Site.  My regular user account is also receiving access denied.

My environment is a portal (single site collection in single content db) that consists of publishing sites and 20 or so Collaboration Site collections. These sites are not publishing sites. The team  site collections are in their own content DBs.

I can access Central Administration and I seem to be able to do anything, but I get access denied on my Portal. My Team sites seem a to behave a little differently. I can access the home page of my Team site and I can click the documents in the document library on the home page web part and access them via Office Web  Apps or in the Office client.  I do get access denied when I click the Title bar of webparts or try to go to lists or libs using the Quicklaunch menu.

My Authentication provider is Claims based with Windows Authentication (so I see ids with the i:0#.w| prefix).

I am pretty stumped and worried about starting Friday with my Intranet inaccessible so I would be grateful for assistance.

I was able to connect to my Intranet using SharePoint designer just now, so that Client was able to work.

My Windows server application log has a bunch of stuff, the most recent Errors relate to Excel Services.

I am feeling a bit random right now, I have seen some posts referring to AAMs impacting login, of course there are a lot of posts about disabling loopback check (it's not that).  My Database perms look ok. The only things I was doing when this came up were: Attempting to activate an Administrator approved form to a site collection and I also added the Object Cache Super User account as a login to my content db. I  will remove that now.

In a word... Help....

I may be here all night so I am going to go and get a sandwich now.

Thanks - Greg

Gregory Frick

Friday, March 1, 2013 5:08 AM

Answers

• Whew... I thought I configured the portalsuperuseraccount and the portalsuperreaderaccount correctly.  I must have missed something.

I just ran:

stsadm -o setproperty -pn portalsuperuseraccount -pv "i:0#.w|domain\OCSU" -url https://wickedcool.intranet.com

stsadm -o setproperty -pn portalsuperreaderaccount -pv "i:0#.w|domain\OCR" -url https://wickedcool.intranet.com

iisreset

And my problems went away.

Thanks to all who documented this before. It is a funky thing to document and I visited a bunch of pages before I assembled a picture in my mind of what was going on. So thanks to you.  And it is only 11:55pm and I can go  home now.

Greg 

Gregory Frick

• Marked as answer by Jack-Gao Monday, March 11, 2013 10:11 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 7:56 AM