Display problems. Laptop will not display 1920x1080p on external displays. RRS feed

• Question

• Display problems. Don't know how to fix my laptops display issues

This issues happens when I try to use an extended display (my full HD TV), even when I don’t use my laptop’s display and only use my TV.

I have read and attempted all the fixes I have seen for this problem, nothing has worked. I have an HP laptop and I am running windows 7 x64 with dual video card. I have a Radeon HD 4250, and a Radeon HD 5650. I have disabled them individually, uninstalled then reinstalled them. I have updated the catalyst control system drivers from AMD. I have checked windows update. I have replaced my catalyst control program and drivers from previous versions of the software. I am attempting to get my computer to display 1920x1080p the most I can get is 1400x1050p. Beyond that I get “OUT OF RANGE” message from my TV.

Also When I right click on my desktop then on resolution, then “advanced”  I don’t get the option of “change settings” in the “trouble shooting” I don’t know what other options I have. I have also re-formatted my pc (wiping my hard drive). This problem exists when connecting any HD TV I have tried. This happened after my virus software installed windows updates to my pc.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:46 AM