VBA Creates SharePoint Files: Upload Failed RRS feed

• Question

• I use VBA to download a files from SharePoint, change a few things in it and then save it as a different file name back on SharePoint. This has worked well for 6 or 7 years but recently I starting getting issues. The files would show up in the Upload Center marked as "Failed to Upload. File must be checked out". They show up in Internet Explorer checked out to me but I cannot check them in. The only thing I can do is this:

1.  In Upload Center select the resolve button and select open to resolve.  The files up with the yellow banner:  Must be checked Out". 

2.  I check them Out.

3.  I save them.

4.  I unload them and they properly save to SharePoint.

5.  I have to "kill" the Upload Center after every time I open to resolve a file. 

This all adds valuable time to the process as I do this is about 30 files at a time.  I use SharePoint 2010 I believe.  Please advise!  Thank you.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Please check whether you have enabled the Require Check Out setting in the destination document library.

Disable the Require Check Out setting, and compare the results.

Library settings > Version settings > Disable the Require Check Out setting.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:57 AM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 2:38 AM