none
Fraps with windows 10 issues

Question

• In windows 8 my computer ran fraps very well and i was able to record easily, but after updating to windows 10 my computer refuses to run over 10 fps when i try to record. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?
    Friday, July 31, 2015 6:53 PM

Answers

• I got an email from beepa support saying that an updated version of Fraps for Windows 10 is currently in develpoment. There is no exact date of release yet but they say it will be available as soon as possible

here's the mail they send me. 

Dear Jovi,

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.  We are aware that the default "Movies & Tv" player in Windows 10 is showing blank video for clips captured by Fraps.  To work around the issue you can right click on the Fraps video and select "Play with Windows Media Player" which should show the video correctly.  The video should also play back correctly in other media players such as VLC (www.videolan.org)

An updated version of Fraps including Windows 10 support is currently in development.  Unfortunately I can't give you a release date but we hope to make it available as soon as possible.  I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,
    Rod Maher

Sunday, August 02, 2015 12:39 PM

All replies

• I am currently having the exact same issue. I have tried some things to fix it and yet nothing has worked. So far I've tried recording other games and it only seems to be affecting only minecraft. I've used windows 10 recorder and dxtory and I get better fps then what fraps is giving me now since the windows 10 update. But i'm currently still looking for a fix.  If I find one i'll let you know! ;3 
    Saturday, August 01, 2015 5:54 PM
  • I got an email from beepa support saying that an updated version of Fraps for Windows 10 is currently in develpoment. There is no exact date of release yet but they say it will be available as soon as possible

here's the mail they send me. 

Dear Jovi,

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.  We are aware that the default "Movies & Tv" player in Windows 10 is showing blank video for clips captured by Fraps.  To work around the issue you can right click on the Fraps video and select "Play with Windows Media Player" which should show the video correctly.  The video should also play back correctly in other media players such as VLC (www.videolan.org)

An updated version of Fraps including Windows 10 support is currently in development.  Unfortunately I can't give you a release date but we hope to make it available as soon as possible.  I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,
    Rod Maher

Sunday, August 02, 2015 12:39 PM
  • I have the exact same problem..
    Monday, August 10, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Good thing I haven't upgraded yet. I heard about a lot of technical difficulties when upgrading. Notify me if they're all fixed! :D

I use Fraps as well. I get 60fps on windows 8.

• Edited by RA7Gaming Monday, November 23, 2015 9:33 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Almost the New Year and STILL no Beepa update for FRAPS?   PLEEEEASE!!!  About to be forced to find another company to buy from and recommend.  Time to start checking reviews and asking around to all my LAN/GAMER friends.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:48 PM
  • ALSO,...
    I notice so many variants on the UI for the program even though I have the SAME version/release.  One says enable desktop recording, and mine doesn't.  Just want to see FRAPS working as I always liked that program.  Update on the update?
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:51 PM
  • I have found a replacement on the net: http://www.movavi.com/screen-capture/. I hope that this will be my solution for windosw 10 and no working Fraps.

olsenfilm

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:50 AM