Adobe flash player and cams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

I seem to be having a problem every time I go to sites that use  Adobe Flash Player to open my intergrated laptop webcam, I get the popup screen (with webcam page in back) with the warning, saying I could be registered etc, but if I try to accept or refuse, both buttons do not work, and my cam will not open... Opening dialogue page seems to be frozen...

Other places not using flash, such as MSN, I have no problem with...

I've uninstalled Flash and reinstalled it many times, but always the same issue...

I use Firefox as my browser... I also tried opening it through IE and have the same issue...

Any help?
    Monday, August 3, 2009 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using 64bit Windows 7? Flash Player is still not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.
    • Marked as answer by RICC1408 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:29 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using 64bit Windows 7? Flash Player is still not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.
    • Marked as answer by RICC1408 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:29 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:24 AM
  • Hi...

Thanks... YES I have the 64bit...  :-(

Thanks again for a prompt solution to my inquiry...  :-)
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:34 PM
  • I have an HP 64 bit system and loaded 7 RC on a new hard drive. I have not been able to get the flash player working with IE8 but loaded Firefox as an alternative browser and the Flash Player works fine. I finally gave up on IE8 after removing and reloading Abobe Flash Player 10 several times.. and made Firefox my default browser. Java is installed on the system without any issues so I am not sure what the problem is. I also have W7 loaded over Vista on my 32 bit 2 year old system and everything works fine.

Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:19 PM