Nromal Greyed out on folder view in outlook after update RRS feed

• Question

• I just got another update to windows and now I am not able to keep my folder pane open - the Normal option is greyed out and it is stuck on minimized

Driving me nuts 

I have a laptop - no second monitor - I have adjusted my column size from smallest to largest  and still cannot select normal

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi kennethbiggs,

What’s the detailed version of Office? You can open Word/Excel and then check the information via File > Account > About Word/Excel.

In addition to the updates to Windows, please also install newest updates for Office to see if there were any improvements.

How do you open Outlook? Clicking the Outlook icon from Start? We can first check if the setting for shortcut was incorrect.

1. Find Outlook in the Start menu. Right click it and choose “Open File Location”.

2. Right click Outlook icon and choose “Properties”.

3. Under Shortcut tab, from the “Run:” dropdown, choose “Maximized”.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 15, 2019 5:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:08 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:08 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi kennethbiggs,

Can you open Outlook window normally now?

If the information above is helpful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:31 AM