Not able to open operation console - SCOM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Till now my SCOM 2012 is working fine

two days back we imported custom MP with overrides from AppFabric and closed the console

Now if we try to open the Operation Console we are getting the following error

Please help me

Date: 2/26/2012 11:17:15 PM
    Application: System Center Operations Manager 2012
    Application Version: 7.0.8289.0
    Severity: Error

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnknownServiceException: The service threw an unknown exception. See inner exception for details. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.UnauthorizedAccessException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.IDispatcherService.Connect(SdkClientConnectionOptions connectionOptions)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.Initialize(EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, SdkChannelObject`1 channelObjectDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.CreateEndpoint[T](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, SdkChannelObject`1 channelObjectDispatcherService)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ExceptionHandlers.HandleChannelExceptions(Exception ex)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.CreateEndpoint[T](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, SdkChannelObject`1 channelObjectDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.ConstructEnterpriseManagementGroupInternal[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore clientCallback)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.RetrieveEnterpriseManagementGroupInternal[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore callbackDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.Connect[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore callbackDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup.InternalInitialize(EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ManagementGroupInternal internals)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Common.ManagementGroupSessionManager.Connect(String server)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.Internal.ConsoleWindowBase.TryConnectToManagementGroupJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
    System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.UnauthorizedAccessException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to System.UnauthorizedAccessException: You have exceeded the evaluation period of this product. Please upgrade to the retail version to continue using the product. For information on purchasing the retail version of this product, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=74446.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.SessionManagerService.Connect(SdkClientConnectionOptions options)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.BasicDispatcherService.Connect(SdkClientConnectionOptions connectionOptions)).

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, I figured it out. this is because my 180 days exceeded. Now my problem is how can i take back up of my custom MP's as i am not able to open the Operation Console

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, March 2, 2012 6:26 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

You can try with the command shell but you may not be able to connect aswell

If you can then try this:

$mps = get-managementpack | where-object ($ .Sealed -eq $false)
    foreach($mp in $mps)
    {
    export-managementpack -managementpack $mp -path "C:\"

Supervize Me ©

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, March 2, 2012 6:26 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:48 AM
  • If you turn back the date, you will be able to connect to the console.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Ovadia Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:16 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 9:28 AM
  • I am getting the same error message, however we did not install an evaluation version.  We installed the bits from the EA site and used our EA license key.  We have this deployed to over a hundred production servers.  Anyone know how to get around this without uninstalling?  I don't want to have to manually uninstall the agents from all the servers.
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:23 PM