Task NO. #1, You are not SharePoint Online Admin User RRS feed

• Question

• I am running V2.0.99.0 of the SharePoint Migration Tool. My O365 account is a Global Admin but I keep getting this error when adding a csv for bulk migration.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:38 AM

All replies

• You need to add your account as the site collection owner to the destination site in the SharePoint admin center. Just being global admin doesn't make your account a site collection admin for all the sites.

I've experienced this when doing OneDrive migrations, you obviously don't want to manually have to add yourself to every user's site if you have a lot of users to migrate so can be addressed via powershell, I used this: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Onedrive-for-Business-bulk-4b6080e3 

• Edited by Nellybauer Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Nellybauer Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:31 PM
  • thanks Nelly for your great sharing. I am following up with technical writer on updating this message to TechNet article, please stay tuned. 
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:28 AM
  • Thanks, it really could do with being made clear, the script I found took a bit of googling but has been around a while now so seems to have always been a requirement when migrating data into SharePoint Online.
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:33 PM