New System with many BSOD'S RRS feed

• Question

• I just built myself a new Core 2 Duo system and am doing a dual boot on an 80GB SATA Drive.

It's an Asus P5L-VM 1394
    Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz
    2GB DDR2 PC5400
    XFX Geforce 7600 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E
    430W PSU
    Memorex DVDR/W

I installed XP first then installed the RC1 5600 Vista release.

First off the Realtek Driver installation that downloads from Microsoft has issues where when
    the system boots it keeps saying that the High Definition Control Panel has stopped working. After uninstalling and installing the driver from the Realtek website that works better.

I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 in which of course the main driver doesn't work but of course pointing the driver installation to the Logitech folder fixes that.

I also have an HP 5740 USB Printer.

Now when I do a Hardware Failure report it says that it is a hardware component and could be RAM, System Board, CPU or PSU.

XP doesn't do this at all so I find it hard to believe it's that.

I'm going to start by removing the USB devices of course but was wondering if anyone has been experiencing anything similar.

Thanks
    Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:48 AM

All replies

• Updated BIOS. Still does it. Removed Logitech USB Camera. Still does it.
    Removed USB Printer. Still does it.

I can get it to happen every time by doing this:
    Go to Screen Saver and set it to Photo. Wait about 10 seconds and it just crashes. I'm not doing anything during the 10 second wait and it just goes POOF!
    I can also just be in the Sounds menu and it will crash.

I boot to the XP Partition and have done exhausting testing with multiple testing tools and nothing has made XP crash in any way.

Could it be the dual partition? Is Vista that different that it would be more critical for power from all components? I know it's more CPU and memory intensive but my laptop has the same build on it and not once have I had a problem with it in terms of crashing.

Anybody? Beuler?

I have run Memtest and no errors or crashes at all.

Thanks for any input anyone can input here
    Friday, October 20, 2006 4:55 AM