none
Certain emails getting hard deleted

Question

• I have a user when he sends a scan from a printer to his email, it get deleted. But you have to do "recover deleted item" to find it. Like it's gettign hard deleted. I ran "outlook 'cleanrules", didn't help, there are no rules at all. Also check ed the "ignore status", it's not being used. May users in our company use this same method and receive scan from the same printers and address, but for him, they get hard deleted. Any idea where to check on this? 

thanks 

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue continue if we try to set up the user's mailbox on another working computer?

Does the user have the Junk email filter settings set too strictly? Is the scan sent from any email address? Please try to add the email address to the safe sender list to see the result.

Please also check whether the user has any mail scanner or other security software installed. We may try to temporarily disable the software and then try testing the issue again.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by rondefino Friday, May 5, 2017 5:27 PM
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:44 AM