I closed my previous Microsoft account, how do i reopen it? RRS feed

• Question

• Prior to this account, I had another Microsoft account and closed it and created a new one with a new email that I created but I won't be using it? I thought it was closed but when i tried to sign up, my email/alias was already taken and I'm not really sure how to remove it so I could use it. Am I allowed to do that?
    Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:40 AM

Answers

• Please repost your inquiry in the Microsoft Community Accounts Forum.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:56 AM
  • As Carey says the experts in accounts are there.  I can tell you that once an account is closed the data is purged and the email held for security from 30 days (up to 1 year).  You are probably in that period because it says it is in use.

I suggest you tell the forum moderators the exact situation as it will expedite the resolution

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by ZigZag3143x Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:27 AM
    Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:06 AM

All replies

• Please repost your inquiry in the Microsoft Community Accounts Forum.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:56 AM
  • As Carey says the experts in accounts are there.  I can tell you that once an account is closed the data is purged and the email held for security from 30 days (up to 1 year).  You are probably in that period because it says it is in use.

I suggest you tell the forum moderators the exact situation as it will expedite the resolution

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by ZigZag3143x Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:27 AM
    Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:06 AM