Subsite navigation - so many posts but none solve my problem RRS feed

• Question

• Using SharePoint 2007.  Pulling my hair out - I have "show subsites" checked on the site collection "home page" and on the sites and sub-sites.  I still don't get the dropdowns in the top nav bar.  Is there a SharePoint bug or a problem with certain browser versions? 

I've spent hours searching and the answers are always to "check the show subsites box".  But this doesn't fix my problems.  Please help me from going bald!

Karen

KW

Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:46 PM

All replies

1. Make sure the publishing feaure is activated on all sites
    2. Make sure that the child sites inherit from the parents
    3. Make sure that (as you say) that the Show Subsites" box is checked on the navigation settings.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, July 22, 2013 10:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Steven.  I went through and checked each and every site.  The publishing feature was not turned on for all of them but it is now and I still don't get the dropdowns.  Any other ideas?  Could it be a setting on the main administration?  I don't have access to view/modify any of that.

Karen

KW

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:18 PM
  • I found out that if I modify the current navigation the drop downs no longer show up on the global navigation. 

I've seen posts that say if you modify global navigation the drop downs will not show up, but I hadn't heard that modifying the current navigation also makes the drop downs not work on global navigation.  Is this - to use a Microsoft term - by design?

KW

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:19 PM