Win Serv 2016E 17% RRS feed

• Question

• My windows server 2016e will not update past 17%. I've allowed it to sit for 30 days on this upgrade/update and it's still at 17%. Not sure what I have done (if anything at all), but need to get this corrected. Thank you!
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:42 PM

All replies

• I'd try;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

also manual download and install the latest cumulative update.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4053579

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Hi,

>My windows server 2016e will not update past 17%
    I want to confirm with your if problem happens when installing Windows Update on Windows Server?

Please try to re-start server in Clean Boot and try update again. If there is more than one update available and needed to install, please install them one by one in a natural order of time sequence, as some update is necessary as pre-requirement for others.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If problem persists, please provide more information:
    1. OS name and version, you can run “msinfo32” to check detail system info.
    2. Whether this problem happens when installing specific Windows Update? If so, please provide the update number/name?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, December 28, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Thanks for all your help, however the issue still remains the same even after a reinstall. Could it be the RAM even though there is no indication of failure. I am using 24 gig. which is an odd placement of only 3 8gig sticks. Please understand that I am a beginner at working on the OS, but not on the building of these systems. 
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:59 AM
  • I did a complete reinstall, OS is WS 2016E, ver 14393. Have applied all updates despite this particular issue. SM X8DTL (MOBO), Duo intel E5506s quad core CPU. According to software environment, one IDE channel was critical in the error control pathway... other indicator for that were off or stopped.   
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:18 AM
  • Is it stuck downloading or installing? Might also try from a clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

>My windows server 2016e will not update past 17%.
    I want to confirm with you if problem happens when downloading or installing update?

Whether problem happens on specific update? Or all update have such problem? Is there any error message? Or just crashing at 17%?

Please make sure that there is enough disk space on system drive. Also, please try to rename softwaredistribution folder and check the result:
    net stop wuauserv
    ren c:/windows/SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
    net start wuauserv

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:42 AM