NVIDIA 8500GT/This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) RRS feed

• Question

• So from all the post I guess anything NVIDIA above 7300 which was the last to work in my Vista Home Basic 2gbram 310power source is useless? Here's something I' yet to try  :

1. Please check if you installed any version of Nero on the computer by chance, if yes, please installed the latest version check if this issue resolved.

2. If you installed the Nero on the computer and the above step did not resolve this issue, please follow the below steps to check this issue again.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSfilter

4. Rename "NeroVideoProc.ax" to say "1NeroVideoProc.ax"

5. Rename "NeVideo.ax" to say "1NeVideo.ax"

6. Reboot

After that, please check if this issue still exists. If yes, please also go to the steps 3 to narrow down this issue.

Step 3: Check lmpgspl.as on the computer

==========================================

1. Please locate C:\WINDOWS\system32

2. Please find the file lmpgspl.ax in this folder

3. Please right click on the file and rename it as lmpgsplold

4. Restart the computer

5. Please Click Start, type CMD in the Search Box

6. Please copy the following command one by one in the prompt Windows.

regsvr32 /u lmpgvd.ax

regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax

regsvr32 /u lmpgad.ax

Please note: A message that the commands have been run successfully should appear.

Did not find file on my computer

Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I think I did misunderstand your means. If you like, let us narrow down the problem’s scope and try to find the cause of this issue.

If you are using PCI Express expansion chassis, refer the following KB article and see if it helps in your case:

(KB942959) Error message when you attach a PCI Express expansion chassis to a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008: "Code 12" or "Code 31"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;942959

If that doesn’t apply to this issue, tell me more details especially your system information.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I don’t think we are the best support resource for this issue, to know more details about the driver file, contact NVidia for further assistance. Thanks!

If I misunderstood your concern, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:08 AM
  • Thank you very much Mr. Chen-MSFT; however if you search the boards you will find many post regarding the Code 12 error in the Device manager and not all are caused by the same thing. I even found two separate post that suggested MSFT knew of this problem and was refusing to deal with it and was handling it by refering users to manufactures. I can't speak for all, but I only post here after seeking help from the manufactures, and if they are all saying the same thing "it works in everything but VISTA" then  what are you supposed to do? Seeing as how MSFT only supports VISTA for 90 days. Again I cant speak for everyone else, but the thing I like bout MSFT over MAC is you can change your PC to more than it was. Can you do that with a MAC? I don't know. I do know that when my car breaks down I go to the CRAFT SHOP before I go to a mechanic. You know a place where a bunch of guys and a couple of women work on their own stuff and if you run into problems fixing your stuff, maybe there's somebody there who knows a bit more or has seen the problem before. If I misunderstood your concern, feel free to let me know.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Hello,

I think I did misunderstand your means. If you like, let us narrow down the problem’s scope and try to find the cause of this issue.

If you are using PCI Express expansion chassis, refer the following KB article and see if it helps in your case:

(KB942959) Error message when you attach a PCI Express expansion chassis to a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008: "Code 12" or "Code 31"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;942959

If that doesn’t apply to this issue, tell me more details especially your system information.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:02 AM
  • Here we go Mr. Chen. This is exactly what I was looking for someone alot more knowledgeable than me. Thank you. I want to try the provided solution but I need to know  in Work Around 1: "If the HackFlags registry entry is not present," What is a HackFlags so I'll know if it is or aint present? Is this the system Info you need?

Thank you for your help

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description  Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name KARL-PC
    System Manufacturer IBM
    System Model 812235U
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date IBM 2FKT25AUS, 9/6/2006
    SMBIOS Version 2.34
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name Karl-PC\Karl
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.14 GB