none
Share Point Protection with DPM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Sharepoint cluster in 3 tier implementation.

We have 2 front end web server, 2 app server and 1 DB server.

I want to use DPM to protect it.

My question is this:

1. On which servers do we need to install the agents?

2. On which servers do we run configuresharepoint.exe?

3. Do we need to install agent on the SQL server as well?

4. Are there any other special consideration when the App server and the front end web servers are the same?

All the help is appriciated.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Mukul,

The DPM agent should be installed on the web front end's this also is where you will run configuresharepoint.exe.  When you setup SharePoint protection in DPM it automatically protects the SQL databases for your SharePoint so you will only need to install the DPM agent on your SQL servers if you have other databases you need to protect. Note that DPM does not automatically protect certain SharePoint applications that you may have deployed so you may need to back up databases for them seperatley.

Here is a link to protecting SharePoint with DPM. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758034.aspx Also there is a lot of detail on protecting SharePoint with DPM in the DPM 2012 book including what is not automatically protected.

Hopefully that will get you going.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:58 AM