class not RRS feed

• Question

• I can not open pictures and documents because the error message say (class not registered)???
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you encounter the error “class not registered” when you try to open pictures and documents from Internet Explorer 11? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

Does the issue occur on other browsers, such as Chrome or Edge?

“Class Not Registered”  usually occurs if the concerned DLL file has been un-registered. We could use “regsvr32” command line to register it(check the event viewer for the corrupted dll file). For example: “regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll”.

In addition, please open an administrator command line and run “sfc /scannow” to check the health of system files.

For the similar error, we could refer to the following link to troubleshoot it.

Fix: Class Not Registered error in Windows 10/8/7

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/class-not-registered-internet-explorer

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

If I misunderstood the issue, please feel free to let me know that.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:07 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 9:42 AM