none
Project Calendars and assignment distribution not correct RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Despite I've set holiday time in Project Calendar (I've done it yesterday 26th November) workload assignment still appears on these days (holiday time).

Do you know any way how to allign Project workload distribution to enterprise project calendar I've just set?

This is an example with the first of January 2015 that is supposed to be holiday.

TotAssignment TimeDayOfTheMonth
      January 2015
    ProjectName 1
    WLP_SD_TRQuery_0714 0,2
    WLP_PMA_5230400_CAF_1014 3,1
    WLP_PMA_7645000_Ferrovie_della_Sardegna_1014 3,7
    WLP_PMA_7631800_Ferrotramviaria_lotto_2a2_1014 1,6
    WLP_PMA_7646700_Ferrotramviaria_lotto_7_1014 1,8

Thanks everybody

Thursday, November 27, 2014 4:33 PM

All replies

• salentina --

Which calendar is assigned as the Base Calendar for the resources assigned to tasks in those projects?  If the resources have a different Base Calendar than the Project calendar set in each of those projects, you can easily end up with work scheduled on a nonworking day.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, November 27, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I've set an Enterprise Calendars from Project Web App Settings that is standard for all the projects included in the Server.

I've not a different calendar for each resources or for each projects.

Maybe can this be the problem?

Thanks

Claudia

Friday, November 28, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi Claudia,

If you allow me to jump in, where exactly are you seeing work on the exceptions? Are you consulting any kind of report? Are you checking directly using the task usage view in MS Project Pro?

It might be that the project plan hasn't been published so the report is not up to date.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 28, 2014 1:38 PM
  • Hi, 

I'm using Project Server and the problem is that when I update a modify on the standard calendar, all the activities between the period modified don't take the update.

It happens only when I move the date of tasks and publish the modify.

I'm trying to find a way to allign directly the modify of the calendar to the monthly report of the assignment, without touching every projects interested by the date modified.

Hi

Claudia

Monday, December 1, 2014 2:27 PM