none
Something is breaking inheritance on PWA subsites RRS feed

• Question

• Installation of Project Server 2013 on-premise, Project Server permission mode, "Enable Project Web App Sync" and "Enable Project Site Sync" are disabled.

We have a block of over 100 subsites that inherit permissions from the same parent site, which itself has unique permissions. For some unknown reason, a particular subsite will have inheritance broken. The net effect here is that permissions for that subsite get altered and people lose access (and patience!).

What are the possible causes of this? If I knew what conditions are responsible for breaking inheritance, then I could put this under the microscope and prevent it from recurring. I'm sure it's not user error, knowingly or unknowingly.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the website template that you are using, may be the security model in that is having inheritance and it gets replicated when a site gets created using the template. 

Regards,

Faizan.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Monday, October 19, 2015 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

When you are talking about 100 subsites, do you mean project team sites? Have you tried to save this site as template, create a new site with it and re-assign this new subsite as a its project team site?

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:08 AM