none
After Upgrade I cannot use my Project Site Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello;

We have upgraded farm which is includes Sharepoint and Project Server 2013. After the upgrared we found that our Project Site Templates are not visible in Enterprise Project Type Page (in the project site template combo). There is just default project site template there.

However our project sites which are created from template works well. We also try to create new template from our project sites. It creates it successfully but, it's again not visible in enterprise project type page.

Also when we try to create a project with our EPTs. We get a project site upgrade error which is named "enterpriseProjectTypeInvalidWorkspaceTemplateName"

Thanks for your help

Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure why the edit links link isn't there - this is probably because it is an upgraded 2010 site (web) and that feature didn't exist then.

The reason why the new templates spawned from existing Project sites don't appear relates back to your first query, the site template ID has been updated for Project Sites so Project Server wont recognise your new templates as valid Project Server 2013 site templates. You will need to create a new template using a new native 2013 site - choose the "Project Site" template on the Collaboration tab.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, October 7, 2013 2:59 PM

All replies

• Seems like the Solutions may not have got transferred properly.

If you navigate to Site Actions >> Site Settings >> Solutions, do you see all your Template Solutions activated there? If not, go ahead and activate them, and you will be able to see them in the EPT.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 7, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Hello Again;

Thanks for your answer. Actually in Site Actions >> Site Settings >> Solutions. There are all solutions and they're activated. I tried deactivate and activate them but it does not worked. Also, I can select that solutions when I try to create new subsite in sharepoint but not in EPT pages.

Thanks

Monday, October 7, 2013 1:38 PM
  • Hello,

Unfortunately I think you will find that you need to recreate them as the new Project Site templates in 2013 have a different site template ID.

Paul

Monday, October 7, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Before upgrade, we have lots of project with that site template in 2010. There are all migrated to project server 2013. However, Something wrong in them. Forexample on quick launch menu they are no "edit links" link and the site template has blue color like sharepoint site(you know that project sites created in green color). When I try to create new site template from them, the template is created but again not in EPTs.
    • Edited by BurakKur Monday, October 7, 2013 2:47 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 2:45 PM
  • I'm not sure why the edit links link isn't there - this is probably because it is an upgraded 2010 site (web) and that feature didn't exist then.

The reason why the new templates spawned from existing Project sites don't appear relates back to your first query, the site template ID has been updated for Project Sites so Project Server wont recognise your new templates as valid Project Server 2013 site templates. You will need to create a new template using a new native 2013 site - choose the "Project Site" template on the Collaboration tab.

Paul

Monday, October 7, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Thanks so much for your answer.

One last question. Do you have any idea why this happed? Did I do something wrong during upgrade?

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Hello,

No, it is nothing you have done wrong, just a additional step after upgrade if you want to use the custom site templates.

Paul

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:48 PM
  • But It is lots of work. Because we have lots of customizations like content types lists documents workflows on our site template. It is interesting that we need to do them all again.
    • Edited by Burak Kural Monday, October 7, 2013 4:56 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 4:55 PM
  • Hi,
    I've the same problems... after upgrade my template is not more available in EPT selection.
    All my sites are in blue template, I've lost all my links (in Issues for example you have to add the existing column Related Item and insert again all links). Lot of project site not connected with the project and I have to reconnect them, and now problem with the site template.
    How can I create a new site template in the upgraded version??? If I try from the Project Site template creating only the Site I've no the project feature, and even if I activate them I have error when I use the template to create a new project.
    If I try starting from a new project (only site of the standard template do not go in error) with his connected site and I save the site as template I receive again error when use it in a EPT.
    To much work in upgrade environment I'm not able to explain to my customer.
    Can you help me with correct steps to create a new template? (if verified in an upgraded environment)
    Thanks
    Ciao
    Friday, October 11, 2013 7:34 AM
  • What error do you get when creating a new template using the Project Site template and activating the Project Server collaboration feature, then creating a site from this new template? Paul

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Hi Paul,

from your blog i follow your suggestion to "include content" in template creation. Here my steps (in the upgraded to 2013 istance):

- Sito Contents > new subsite > create new subsite with "Project Site" template

- Site settings > Site Action > Manage Site Features > Activate "Project Web App Connectivity"

- Site Setting > Site Action > Save Site as Template (include content checked)

- Added to my EPT with no workflow.

- Create new project from EPT: es.  "Project from Placeholder 01"

- Here my Manage Queue Job results:

N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Reporting (Enterprise Project Type and Workflow Information Sync) Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Reporting (Project Sync) Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Project Site Update Failed But Not Blocking Correlation 0% Click to view the error details
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Reporting (Project Publish) Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Start Workflow Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Project Publish Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Project Publish Notifications Success 100%
    N/A 11/10/2013 11.02 11/10/2013 11.02 Project from Placeholder 01 Project Create Success 100%

- Here error details:

General

CreateWssSiteContent: Creating project site failed! Project Uid=0823cbdb-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed, site URL=https://project.benettongroup.org/PWA/Project from Placeholder 01, site name=Project from Placeholder 01. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8107058A): <nativehr>0x8107058a</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>The content type name _$Resources:ReportServerResources,DataSourceContentTypeName;_ cannot contain: \ / : * ? " # % < > { } | ~ & , two consecutive periods (..), or special characters such as a tab. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, Int32 fIgnoreMissingFeatures, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, Int32 fIgnoreMissingFeatures, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId)Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The content type name _$Resources:ReportServerResources,DataSourceContentTypeName;_ cannot contain: \ / : * ? " # % < > { } | ~ & , two consecutive periods (..), or special characters such as a tab. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: <nativehr>0x8107058a</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>The content type name _$Resources:ReportServerResources,DataSourceContentTypeName;_ cannot contain: \ / : * ? " # % < > { } | ~ & , two consecutive periods (..), or special characters such as a tab. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, Int32 fIgnoreMissingFeatures, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, Int32 fIgnoreMissingFeatures, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebTemplateContent, Int32 fWebTemplateContentFromSubweb, Int32 fDeleteGlobalListsWithWebTemplateContent, Int32 fIgnoreMissingFeatures, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ProvisionWebTemplate(SPWebTemplate webTemplate, String webTemplateToUse, SPFeatureWebTemplate featureWebTemplate, Page page, SPFeatureDependencyErrorBehavior featureDependencyErrorBehavior, ICollection`1& featureDependencyErrors) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(SPWebTemplate webTemplate, Page page, SPFeatureDependencyErrorBehavior featureDependencyErrorBehavior, ICollection`1& featureDependencyErrors) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.CreateWeb(String strUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueSubweb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid webId, Guid rootFolderId, Boolean createSystemCatalogs, Guid appInstanceId, String appWebDomainId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.SPWebCollectionProvider.CreateWeb(String strWebUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueSubweb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid appInstanceId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebCollection.Add(String strWebUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean useUniquePermissions, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid appInstanceId) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.AdminProjectSiteAllocator.CreateSPWeb(ProjectSiteConfigurationInfo configInfo, SPSite topSite):

<dir><dir></dir></dir><dir><dir>WSSCreateSiteFailur (16400). Details: id='16400' name='WSSCreateSiteFailure' uid='597a19de-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed' projectUID='0823cbdb-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed' workspaceUrl='https://project.benettongroup.org/PWA/Project from Placeholder 01/Project from Placeholder 01' projectWorkspaceName='Project from Placeholder 01'.

Queue:

(26000) - CreateWssSite.CreateWssSiteMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='5a7a19de-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed' JobUID='4923cbdb-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed' ComputerName='4c7454d7-d6c8-42e7-a071-01921e89dbd5' GroupType='CreateWssSite' MessageType='CreateWssSiteMessage' MessageId='1' Stage='' CorrelationUID='d98e4b9c-f14c-e0a1-9dbd-513afd793a8d'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 4c7454d7-d6c8-42e7-a071-01921e89dbd5 for entries with JobUID 4923cbdb-5332-e311-93fc-005056ab29ed.

<dir><dir>

GeneralQueueJobFailed

</dir></dir></dir></dir>

Thanks a lot for help

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hello Again;

You need to "Bulk Edit" projects via central administration to make your project sites and projects connected and also take your links back (issues risks). In Bulk edit you ll see your old site address. Bulk edit changes the urls from old site address to new site address. Although It fix it , It does not fix the EPT situation.

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:24 AM
  • I made the Bulk Update,

i mean link between object in sharepoint, like link an issue to a document using Custom Command > Link Item... now replaced by the "Related Item" functionality.

This make sense?

Thanks

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Hello, I missed the bit about existing site issues and risks not working, Burak is correct, Bulk Update is required after upgrade or migration to relink this functionality. Regarding your error, it looks like something to do with an SSRS feature? Do you have SSRS installed in SharePoint integrated mode? If you look in Cental Admin then the health analyser, do you see any errors relating to missing server side dependencies? Paul

Friday, October 11, 2013 9:43 AM
  • You need to do bulk update via Central Administration. To do this, Go to Manage Service Applications > (Your Project Server Service App) > In that page click the dropdown on service application> click Manage> then click Bulk edit project sites
    Friday, October 11, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

i've made the Bulk Update with all flags (content type and site permissions) and i can go from a project detail to the project site, but if i open an Issue with links to documents, below i can't see the "Related Item" field (i need to add it to the Content Type and in the Link section (i think imported by the 2010 instance) i found this:

Links

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Result><NewXML><PWSLinkDataSet xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/project/server/webservices/PWSLinkDataSet/">

<LinkedItems>

<UniqueId>554bedc9-ebb3-459f-8220-deb4c0c941ff</UniqueId>

<ID>5</ID>

<ListID>4957d240-68eb-4ab9-8dd5-3ea21a373aa1</ListID>

<Title>Benetton - Oracle Retail Japan_Ext_v0 1 - AG.v02 rev acc.docx</Title>

<Link>1</Link>

<LinkType>1</LinkType>

<WOBJ_UID>31c5461f-1068-49ee-85a5-77c99a824480</WOBJ_UID>

<WOBJ_TYPE>3</WOBJ_TYPE>

<Url>https://OLDFARM.org/PWA/PROJECT TITLE/Project Documents/Forms/dispform.aspx?ID=5</Url>

<Status />

<AssignedTo />

<Author>USER NAME</Author>

<Owner />

</LinkedItems>

</PWSLinkDataSet></NewXML><ProjectUID>c913336a-eb43-4aac-b010-d9a13d546e8a</ProjectUID><OldXML><PWSLinkDataSet xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/project/server/webservices/PWSLinkDataSet/" /></OldXML><ItemType>4</ItemType><PSURL>https://OLD FRM/pwa</PSURL></Result>

Attachments

<input id="ctl00_ctl39_g_59c540e7_ca07_4789_8435_9c325934e72b_ctl00_ctl08_ctl00_owshiddenversion" name="ctl00$ctl39$g_59c540e7_ca07_4789_8435_9c325934e72b$ctl00$ctl08$ctl00$owshiddenversion" type="hidden" />

Content Type: Project Site Issue

Mmmm... i don't know if this is normal...

thanks

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:44 PM
  • I've answered up that links from issues to documents for example are not fixed. Maybe because i've used a content type called "Project Issue" (full integrated in 2010 an also here in 2013 connected with projects with red icon) as explained in lot of blogs about managing Issue customization as content type?

May be some problems about this custom Issues?

Thanks

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:47 PM
  • We are having the same problem here. Maybe if we compare all the files of a migrated wsp 2010 with another wsp, generated from the 2013 environment and appearing on EPT config. I will try to alter the necessary files do adapt to 2013.
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:13 PM