Lync - Call Waiting not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have been using Lync for a few months now and very happy with it, however, we have noticed a couple of odd and annoying things.

1. Call Waiting, we have a response group with 2 agents in it who were talking to each other using Lync client, when someone phone the response group, it rang for 40 seconds then went ot voicemail, my question is, why didnt the 2 agents get notified of the call waiting?

I have done some other controlled tests and the same is true, no call waiting, just goes to VM after the Queue timeout expires.

I have seem several people asking how to turn off call waiting, I guess my question is how to I enable it?

Thank you.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:01 PM

Answers

• Jon,

I asked myself this question before. This is – before I saw the other day how our “switchboard” lady juggles between 5 -7 calls (we are college and getting tremendous number of simultaneous calls). Of course, she uses Attendant Console and I swear – I can never pull “…Georgia Military College, may I put you on hold for a moment. Thank you…” constantly all day. My point is – it is indeed inconvenient to operate multiple calls with Lync client and the console is exactly what a “true” agent must use.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Friday, April 15, 2011 9:33 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:00 PM