Outlook.com and Outlook Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Ridiculous as it sounds, I have been trying for ages to get my iPhone calendar to sync with my desktop which is running Office 365 on Windows 10. The various workarounds involving changing my accounts in Outlook to Exchange accounts look a real pain so I have approached it in a different way. My iPhone has the Outlook.com app and this syncs fine with my iPhone calendar which in turn syncs with Google calendar. Of course it won't sync with my desktop Outlook (??? Grr) so I thought I would install Outlook.com on my desktop and see if that would sync. Apparently this is possible so long as I add the Outlook.com account to my desktop Outlook which I have tried to do. I have not used the Outlook.com email address (which they kindly gave me) for anything but it seemed sensible to use it to add to the desktop Outlook. But the desktop Outlook crashes every time I try to do this. I never get as far as typing my password!

All my email clients, being iPhone, desktop Outlook and Outlook.com (both desktop and iPhone app) are made up of the same two email accounts being gmail/Google and another which is my principal email account.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted re:

1. Am I barking up the wrong tree in trying to get my iPhone/Google calendar to sync in this way?

2. Why is desktop Outlook crashing?

Thanks and one last thing - since setting up my desktop Outlook .com it has synced my Inboxes but none of the folders ( they are listed but are empty) nor my calendar. Furthermore it has not synced anything today whatsoever.

Kind regards

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, November 6, 2017 2:20 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>so I thought I would install Outlook.com on my desktop

What does Outlook.com refer to in this sentence? As far as I know, there is no Outlook.com app can be installed on Windows desktop. 

Do you want to sync calendar on your iPhone to Outlook desktop client? As Outlook synchronization support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes is provided by Apple support, if this is your question, I'd recommend you contact the Apple support for further assistance.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Hello Steve

By Outlook.com I mean the website (https://outlook.live.com/mail/#/inbox) to which you can link your Gmail and other accounts. To some extent the mention of iPhone is a red herring as all I want to do is find a conduit for my Google calendar to my desktop Outlook (Office 365) and thought that the Outlook website would/could fulfil that function. It works on my iPhone with the Outlook app but that does not sync with the desktop unfortunately.

I hope that explains my issue better.

Kind regards

Monday, November 6, 2017 9:56 AM