windows 7 64 shuts down 10 minutes RRS feed

• Question

• windows 7 64 shuts down 10 minutes

I have problems with about 35 PCs which are in AD windows server 2008. And all computers need really long time to shut down, some even more than 10 minutes. I have maded shutdown trace for one of PCs. Can someone helps me find out what cause that long shut down?

Thank you

here are traces

http://cloud.povej.net/public.php?service=files&t=efe41264abf1d13315e5cee638c26fa8

I never left an open problem....I search, dig and ask, until it's solved....

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:44 PM

Answers

• I found out the problem. It was and opened script file on server. Script had some mistake and it stays opened so PC didn't shut down. After taking script off, PCs now shut down in 2 minutes.

• Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Blisk1 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:13 PM

All replies

• Sounds like there is an issue with possibly having to many group policies or some other network lag. Are the users "my documents" folder redirected to the server? Possibly using Sync Center to backup the files? If yes, I would check sync center to make sure it syncs at other intervals besides shutdown. Possibly when they are working or idle for a designated period.

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:01 PM
  • No I don't have nothig like that, but I just get and idea!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:03 PM
  • What services, or settings do you use the server for than? I need more details to assist you properly

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:05 PM
  • I found out the problem. It was and opened script file on server. Script had some mistake and it stays opened so PC didn't shut down. After taking script off, PCs now shut down in 2 minutes.

• Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Blisk1 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:13 PM
  • Excellent, can you mark the post as answered so it might help someone else

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:25 PM
  • With clicking link "Mark as answer" or something else? sorry for stupid question?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:50 PM
  • You did it perfectly, thank you!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:54 PM