none
About Constraint Type RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to find out a way to change the default Constraint type value from "As Soon as Possible"  to something else. If it is possible, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Ijaz

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Answers

• You could set it to ALAP by scheduling from the Finish Date.  Other than
    that, I woudl think you would need a macro.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:07 PM
  • In Project 2003/2007  Try Project/Project Information.  You can select "Schedule from Finish Date" which makes everything As Late As Possible. 

In Project 2010 you can find the same by selecting the Project Tab, and then Project Information.

Other than that, I think you may be stuck.... Not sure why anyone would want it to be differnt (ie: MSO, SNET, ....)

If you feel this post answered the question, please vote for it. I am also available here:
    msprojectblog.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:22 PM

All replies

• You could set it to ALAP by scheduling from the Finish Date.  Other than
    that, I woudl think you would need a macro.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:07 PM
  • In Project 2003/2007  Try Project/Project Information.  You can select "Schedule from Finish Date" which makes everything As Late As Possible. 

In Project 2010 you can find the same by selecting the Project Tab, and then Project Information.

Other than that, I think you may be stuck.... Not sure why anyone would want it to be differnt (ie: MSO, SNET, ....)

If you feel this post answered the question, please vote for it. I am also available here:
    msprojectblog.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:22 PM
  • To set default to SNET (Project 2007):
    Options | Schedule | New tasks: <Start on Current Date>
    Regards. --Ismet
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:47 PM