none
Windows 7 login screen switch user button problem

Question

• I have hide all of my administrator account from login screen on windows7 by editing registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon\SpecialAccounts". Now I have only one power user account. I can't login with admnistrative account because there is no switch user button on login screen. Even if I click on switch user button from start menu this will load the login screen with the power user and I don't have any option to change the username.

How can I get rid from this?
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I see two choices:

-by safe mode (pressing F8 before  windows load), you should be able to modify your regkey

-by right click maintening "shift" key on regedit then "run as different user" you should be able to enter your other credentials

• Marked as answer by Jakir Hossain1 Friday, December 27, 2013 3:24 PM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I see two choices:

-by safe mode (pressing F8 before  windows load), you should be able to modify your regkey

-by right click maintening "shift" key on regedit then "run as different user" you should be able to enter your other credentials

• Marked as answer by Jakir Hossain1 Friday, December 27, 2013 3:24 PM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Thanks a lot.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:24 PM
  • look under system..system settings user accounts. make sure there still the main admin account and the temp .net account there. if there is and there no other account there then make a new account there. you should then be able to switch to the new account without issues. if you dont own the pc or go a virus and your not the admin you wont be able to make a new account.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:36 PM
  • can you please more elaborate the second option ?

Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:46 PM