none
DPM Storage Pool Disk at 2% remaining space RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a situation whereby we keep on adding disc one after another and end with consuming all the discs. So scenario was this week (Sept 5) we attach a new disk (Disk 12) then after a few days (Sept 9) the storage pool of DPM unallocated space where back again to critical. This happens already previously where we added (Disk 10 and Disk 11) then after a week it gets to critical level.

Additional Information, see below
    25 servers are being backup in DPM. Out of 25 servers 5 are SQL servers with their DB being backup in their local drives and these local drives in being protected in DPM.

The following configuration items have been deployed to all the above Protection Groups:
    •All volumes protected
    •All shares protected
    •Bare metal recovery
    •System state

Short Term Disk
    Short term goals:
    7 day retention
    Sync every hour
    File Recovery points for 8 AM, midday and 6 PM everyday
    Application recovery points for 8 PM everyday

I want to check with you guys if you can find any root cause of this fast decline of space in the storage pool and if you can also provide resolution for this. Because as per my understanding we should never be out of unallocated disc space – if we are not adding additional servers to be backed up via DPM. With 7 days retention policy on our DPM, the disk utilisation should never be exhausted. As per checking our retention policy works as expected.

Appreciate the help and hope for your quick response.
    Friday, September 9, 2016 7:00 AM