none
Manage Views - newly created view won't display RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was recently asked to create a portfolio view for a new senior project manager. I've done this before so I thought it would be fine. However, once I create the view and I go back in to the Poject Centre, the view won't display. It just shows a grey page. I then deleted the view I created and duplicated an existing view (but just changed the filter so it showed the projects managed by the senior's directs) but even that won't display.

I don't understand why this has worked every time previously and not now. Any idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Clair.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Answers

• You must have the "or" condition instead of "and". Setting "and" condition means that the projects must be owned by the 3 project managers at the same time, which is obviously not possible.

Try changing it to "or" and see if it works.

Then if it is not working, remove 2 of the 3 conditions to keep only 1, seeing if it works.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Marked as answer by Lowey82 Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Clair,

What does exactly happen? Can you see the view name in the view drop down menu?

In case you don't, there are 2 main things to validate:

• Which type of view did you select? In order to be accessible from the project center, it has to be a project center view and not for example a project view. See screenshot below (unfortunately in french).

• Did you correctly associated the appropriate security category with the view? Indeed, if project manager are in the default project manager security group that is associated to the "my projects" category, you need to associate the newly created view with the "my projects" category.

In case you see the view in the dropdown list but when selecting it, nothing is diplayed, check for filters in the project center page or directly in the view configuration. Check also if the account you're connecting with has proper rights to access the list of projects displayed by the view.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your response. I've checked everything as per your reply and the view selected is Project Centre, the correct security category has been selected. I'm an Administrator so I would assume I could see the view regardless but I can't - there are no filters on the page and nothing else that should be stopping it from showing. I have asked the project manager in question to check as well and he can't see it either.

I'm at a loss!

Thanks again,

Clair

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:33 AM
  • Hi Clair,

If I understood well, you can correctly access the project center, but the newly created view is not available in the list? Thus you don't have any error message, just not seeing the view in the list? Am I right?

Can you check that your admin group is associated to the "my organisation" category?

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:22 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Nope. I can access the project centre, I can select the view I want (the new one I've created) from the drop down, and the page goes white with the word "Loading" across the centre. Once it's loaded, it's all greyed out. Across the top it has the displayed fields that I've selected but nothing else.

I coped another view and that one works - I can see the displayed fields etc. This new view is an exact copy of it, with one difference - the Filter. As this view is for a senior project manager I've filtered it to show only projects managed by their direct reports.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Clair

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:06 PM
  • It becomes a bit clearer. It seems to be an issue with your filter. How exactly did you filter the view to display only projects managed by their direct reports?

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:10 PM
  • I went in to Filter. I changed Field Name to Owner, Test to Equals, Value to the project managers name and And/Or to And.

I have asked it to filter on 3 project managers and selected the same fields for each.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:35 PM
  • You must have the "or" condition instead of "and". Setting "and" condition means that the projects must be owned by the 3 project managers at the same time, which is obviously not possible.

Try changing it to "or" and see if it works.

Then if it is not working, remove 2 of the 3 conditions to keep only 1, seeing if it works.

• Marked as answer by Lowey82 Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:46 PM
  • You did it!

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions Guillaume. I really appreciate it.

Clair

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:04 PM
  • Glad we finally find out!

You're more than welcome Clair.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:05 PM