Sequencing an application with a printer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I am trying to sequence an application that installs it's own printer.  Everything works great on the workstation where the sequencing takes place, however, when the application is deployed to a workstation, the printer is missing.  I have tried sequencing this on XP and 7 workstations with the same results each time when deploying to XP and 7 clients.  I have followed the best practices as outlined in the 4.6 sequencing guide (dummy printer installed) and even modified the OSD files to allow local interaction as a shot in the dark.    

I have two applications with this issue.  One is Adobe Acrobat 8 and the other is a program called ImageNow.  I realize that Acrobat may be a lost cause and not a candidate for virtualization based on other resources found on the net, but I am still holding out hope for ImageNow.  Has anyone had experience with either of these applications or experience sequencing an application with printers in App-V 4.6?  Thanks in advance.      

Friday, April 23, 2010 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies