none
Bluetooth Headphone Not a Playback Device RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got a pair of Bose QuietControl 30s and I tried to pair them to my Surface Book. The connected and installed the drivers smoothly, but when I went to play audio, it played through my laptop, despite my headphones being connected. I checked Playback Devices, and the headphones aren't listed. Here are all the things I've tried, none having worked.

1. Turn device off and on again

2. Turn laptop off and on again

3. Show disabled and disconnected devices

4. Re-pair the headphones

5. Reinstall the drivers

6. Restart the audio and bluetooth services

None of these have worked, and at this point I'm completely lost. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried compatibility driver instead?

Have you updated to the latest driver?

For Bluetooth issue you can also check the following article.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

In addition, for Bose blue tooth issue, I’m afraid your best bet is contacting manufacturer for further help.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Thanks for the response. Like I said I've tried updating, installing from the manufacturer website, and reinstalling every driver. I'm convinced that this problem is not with the drivers but with Windows not recognizing that the headphones are an audio output device. Unfortunately I have no clue how to remedy this. Thanks again.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:10 AM
  • Hello John,

Since the headphones are not listed, it looks the Windows does detect the device.

How about changing another headphone for test?

Check whether the headphone has been plugged on laptop completely, maybe you just plugged half of the port.

Best Regards,

Charles

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Like the title said, they are Bluetooth headphones not regular headphones. I do have a pair of headphones with a 3.5mm jack and a pair that connect over USB and both work perfectly. Windows does detect my headphones, but it lists them as Bluetooth and Sound device, but not as an audio output. This is especially frustrating, because they connect and pair easily, but I can't get Windows to play anything out of them. Thank you anyways for the consideration.
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:25 AM