How to stop windows running the confiuration wizard when saving a word form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a word form that has some built in VB. When some of the users try and save the form word then starts to run the configuration wizrd and it appears to be trying to instal the MUI language pack.  All my regional setting in the affected machines are set to English UK and all the settings in word are the same.  Has anyone ever had this problem or are aware of a solution. I am not coming up with anything similar from google searches. 
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What's the format of your Word file, .doc , .docx, .dot or .dotm?

Remove the macros in your file and start Word in safe mode (winword.exe /safe).

Create a new file in Word and then transfer the data from original file to the new file.

Give more information about how you create the Word form and what's the difference between this form and other Word files.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:15 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 6:48 AM

All replies

• Which version are you using?
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

What's the format of your Word file, .doc , .docx, .dot or .dotm?

Remove the macros in your file and start Word in safe mode (winword.exe /safe).

Create a new file in Word and then transfer the data from original file to the new file.

Give more information about how you create the Word form and what's the difference between this form and other Word files.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:15 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 6:48 AM