"Cannot move items" when moving a message to a public folder on another server/database RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where I have 4 Public Folder mailboxes on server-a and a fifth Public Folder Mailbox on another server, server-b.

If a user tries to move a message from a folder on server-a to a sub-folder located on server-b, they receive a message stating "cannot move items" or "Cannot copy the items".

But, if the message is sent from a mailbox on server-b to the PF on server-b, the message can be moved/copied back and forth between all the PFs, regardless of which PFMB they are located in.

If I move the folder back to a PFMB on server-a, then the message can be moved to that folder.

I can't find any information as to why this is happening. I'm hoping someone out there has the answer.

Thank you

Friday, October 28, 2016 9:12 PM

All replies

• What cumulative update of Exchange 2013 are you running?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, October 30, 2016 1:09 AM
  • CU11

Version 15.0 (Build 1156.6)

Monday, October 31, 2016 2:49 PM
  • That's an odd error, one that I've never heard of.  I'd recommend that you open a ticket with Microsoft Support because it sounds like a bug.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, October 31, 2016 7:01 PM
  • Yeah, it's weird. I spent a good deal of time googling it and hadn't found anyone else having this issue. I guess it's time to open the check book and call Microsoft support... Not my idea of a good time.
    Monday, October 31, 2016 8:42 PM
  • Those are seldom fun.  Please do check in if you find out anything.

Monday, October 31, 2016 9:12 PM