Outlook 2016 - Address book, contacts problems RRS feed

• Question

• There are no contacts listed in the address book of my outlook 2016 IMAP but click on the 2 faces, bottom left corner in outlook and all the contacts appear. If I try and add a contact by right clicking on an email address, then I get only an option to add to favourites and no option to add to address book. This computer has Windows 2016 Home installed.So, in short, all my contacts appear as favourites but none appear in the address book, which is set to Contact (this computer only).

Regards, Dave

Saturday, December 14, 2019 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

I checked the behavior on my Outlook 2016 MSO(16.0.4939.1000) and contacts show correctly. 'Add to Contact' option is also visible when I right click an email address.

Could I know what's the detailed version of Outlook client? Please install available updates to see if it helps.

Besides, does it only happen to this IMAP account? What if we test with another IMAP account?

>> There are no contacts listed in the address book of my outlook 2016 IMAP

If we click View > Reset View, are there any improvements?

>> If I try and add a contact by right clicking on an email address, then I get only an option to add to favourites

This can happen for contacts that are found on a social network such as Facebook or LinkedIn.

If this is not your case, I'd like to recommend you repair Office:

To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

If that doesn't help, create a new profile to see if contacts appear. (Do not delete your original profile to avoid data loss)

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:01 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Does contact show correctly? Have you found a fix for this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:21 AM