none
How to use power query with sitecatalyst RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to use power query to import a table from sitecatalyst. Doing some tests I found that If remove the session from the url that has the report parameters, the app will redirect me to the login page, after entering the company, username and password it will load the report page with the data according to my filters.

When I add the report url on the From Web option, excel does not allow me to add credentials. If I add the login+redirect url it allows me to add user/password but does not load the tables that appear on a regular browser.

Is it possible to consume sitecatalyst without using Report Builder? If not, how you access the security info after you added the url.

Thanks.

Monday, November 10, 2014 9:51 PM

Answers

• To the best of my ability to tell, the right way to use this product from within Power Query would be to use its API. Unfortunately, we don't currently support either of the methods needed to be able to authenticate with the service (OAuth 2.0 and a relatively-custom digest-based method). Adding a mechanism to allow use of arbitrary OAuth-protected resources is a fairly high priority for us, and I hope we'll be able to deliver something before mid-2015.

Scraping the website is very hard to do well -- both from an authentication and from a data discovery perspective.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:29 AM