BSOD after harmless command executing RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to write a "services" word in powershell (by mistake forgot an .msc extension) then pressed enter.. Wow!!

BSOD with "CRITICAL _PROCESS_DIED" message! What the God had happened?? I repeated it thrice on tp4 and tp5 of Windows Server 16 installed in Hyper-V and on "live" hardware..

Anybody knows about that?

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for misunderstood.Considering TP5 is a preview version, please wait for the next official update,or you could go to  the Windows Server User Voice site to give feedback,thank you.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 2, 2016 3:20 AM

All replies

• It would be helpful if you were to show the PowerShell command you are executing when this happens, and include the error code and process name from the blue screen.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Recreated on TP5 and Windows 10 1607. Open an admin PowerShell prompt, type 'services' (without quotes). Bluescreen and minidump file is produced.

Looking at the dmp file Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe, server was doing nothing else at the time. blue screen

No other text on the blue screen.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:25 AM
  • Still an issue on TP5 core or gui 14300.1054. My reply was confirming this issue it was not meant to be an answer... Might be something to address before Server 2016 is released as a typo in PowerShell leading to a bluescreen would not be good on a production server.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for misunderstood.Considering TP5 is a preview version, please wait for the next official update,or you could go to  the Windows Server User Voice site to give feedback,thank you.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 2, 2016 3:20 AM
  • Same on Windows 10 1607 with all updates.

Admin powershell -> type Services -> Enter -> BSOD.

Monday, September 12, 2016 2:09 PM