Opening attachments via scsm web portal RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a service request that once completed emails a user so he can visit the portal to pick up a file that has been attached via the service request form.

The attachment is obviously available to see in the scsm console, however we do not want this user to have access to the console as he is not part of the technical team.

Is there anyway for attachments the be opened via the web portal?

Any help wouild be appreciated.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Answers

• You can't open the attachments in the SCSM 2012 Portal. And as far as I know there is no "hidden feature" or trick to get this done. As the source code of the SCSM 2012 portal (Silverlight webpart) isn't public available  there is no way to customzie the webpart.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:57 PM

All replies

• You can't open the attachments in the SCSM 2012 Portal. And as far as I know there is no "hidden feature" or trick to get this done. As the source code of the SCSM 2012 portal (Silverlight webpart) isn't public available  there is no way to customzie the webpart.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

You could build a workflow or runbook using script from blogs.litware.se/?p=1369 to download file and add them as attachements to email.

Cheers

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, will give that a try and post to let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:45 AM