Unable to access another partition in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows Vista installed on another partition. But, only Local disk drive (C:) shows up in Windows 7. Seems like there should be two drives one that Vista is install on and the one that Windows 7 is install on. System does dual boot I have booted back into Vista and both Drives show in Vista (C:) the drive Vista is installed on and (D:) the drive Windows 7 is installed on. Why am I unable to see this in Windows 7.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:39 AM

Answers

• You have to go under Disk Management and assign the Vista partition a Drive letter.  To get to the Disk Management right click on Computer and select Manage.  From there on the left side select the Drive Management link.

You will see the Vista drive is there but no letter assigned to it.  Click on the partition and you should see the option to add a drive letter.  If not right click and it will be there.

This is a known bug and has been reported.

~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Proposed as answer by Alex T Jr Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by TEE-633k Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:53 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:49 AM

All replies

• You have to go under Disk Management and assign the Vista partition a Drive letter.  To get to the Disk Management right click on Computer and select Manage.  From there on the left side select the Drive Management link.

You will see the Vista drive is there but no letter assigned to it.  Click on the partition and you should see the option to add a drive letter.  If not right click and it will be there.

This is a known bug and has been reported.

• Proposed as answer by Alex T Jr Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by TEE-633k Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:53 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:49 AM
  • Yes, that worked thank you
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:54 AM
  • Glad it worked out.  Enjoy.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:55 AM
  • I had the same problem and it was fixed using this method. Thank you very much.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:12 AM
  • wow you just saved all my data thanks so muuch :)!

u totaly rock :D
    Monday, November 2, 2009 12:44 PM