none
Can no longer sync Project Pro to any SharePoint tasks -- error every time RRS feed

• Question

• I can no longer sync any SharePoint (Office 365) Tasks to Project Pro.  I keep getting the same error.

Sorry, we couldn't sync the tasks list to the SharePoint site.  Please make sure:

- the SharePoint site is running and is not in read-only mode

- you have sufficient permissions to sync to this SharePoint site

- the tasks list is still available and its name hasn't changed

I even tried creating a brand new site in SharePoint from project with a new task list and got the same error.  The site got created by the list wouldn't sync.

Note, I am an admin.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Adam

Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 3 mains causes are explained in this support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2812235?wa=wsignin1.0

Cause 1: This is a known issue when using Project Professional 2013 and Windows 8 operating system.

Cause 2: This may occur if you are using IE on the server that is hosting your SharePoint Sites.

Cause 3. The plan you are using to sync to SharePoint task list contains a link to an external task outside the plan.

Resolutions are also listed, hope this helps

Jeremy

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Cottino Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:29 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Microsoft support helped me...  turns out the fix was to clear my IE cookies, etc.

Thank you,

Adam

Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:37 PM
  • Perfect then :)
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 8:46 PM