DFS Problems Error 4302 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 2 servers Windows 2008 R2 SP1 based in 2 differents offices. We have set up several replication groups and seems to work fine. But, sometimes we receive the following error:

The DFS Replication service has been repeatedly prevented from replicating a file due to consistent sharing violations encountered on the file. A local sharing violation occurs when the service fails to receive an updated file because the local file is currently in use. 

Additional Information: 
    File Path: Path\xxx.pptx 
    Replicated Folder Root: Root Path
    File ID: {B7767F64-7853-4DF7-8FA4-5C170F62701C}-v461005 
    Replicated Folder Name:
    Replicated Folder ID: F280B4AA-7C0B-4468-A2F7-E5060C790884 
    Replication Group Name:
    Replication Group ID: 1D05EC8A-AC17-42ED-8732-B6AEC4FDF76A 
    Member ID: 6C26BE2A-C1B9-4950-B310-DA77847313CB

The problem with this PPTX file is that an user was working with it, and in the next day, the file has been disappeared in both servers, could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Raúl.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Above all, sharing violation error sometimes is just a common message, which could be caused if a same file is edited in more than one server before a replication is performed. DFSR will follow the "last one win" rule to do the replication.

If the file is missing, check conflictanddeleted folder (it is a hidden folder) to see if the file is considered as a conflicted file and moved to this folder.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:04 PM
  • But, why I'm experiencing problems with the users who use one of the servers? They randomly, has problems with open a file, the problem is that this file is open in read only mode, but, I've checked that nobody has this file open. Could you help me with that?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Someone can help me?

Regards,

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:22 AM
  • Sorry for the delay in reply.

I assume it is an Office related file such as a DOC file. Sometimes the temp file if an Office file such as a DOC is not deleted correctly, which causes the similar issue that Word consider the file is still in accessing.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Let me check and I confirm you, but it's a little bit strange, because when it happened, on the folder, there is not an Office temporary file. It's strange that only happens in one of the servers (The read-only problem)

Another suggestions?

Regards,

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:11 AM