Problems with chaging outlook 2007 password with exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

To start I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 and Exchange Server 2003 with SP2. The workstation have windows XP SP3 and other patches. The Outlook is the Next.

We have a policy to ask for the password change every few days. When asked to change the user gives notice ok and when you give change window appears with the following information:

Cambio de password

When the window come the user fills the fields in the old password, new password and confirm newpassword. but password will not change and get a message to call the administrator and blocked the account. This is because they did not put Nothing in Microsoft Exchange that are the same domain name as it brought in blanc.

The question is how do I get the window server, complete the change password with the full field of Microsoft Exchange so that users can successfully make the change without who are calling all the time.

thank you very much

Oscar

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:28 PM

All replies

•  Hi,

You can try to create a new OU in ADUC, put the XP client machine in that OU and apply Block inheritance to test. Restart the machine and see whether the error still occurs.

If the error is in it, you can try the following:

1. Follow the link http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328817

2. Follow the link http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812530

3. Follow the link http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258788

And if the issue is still in it, you can try the below:

1.  Start the Active Directory Users and Computers tool, right-click the Domain Controllers container, and then click Properties.

2.  Click the Group Policies tab, click the Default Domain Controllers policy, and then click Edit.

3.  Expand the following items in the policy:

Computer Configuration

Windows Settings

Security Settings

Local Policies

User Rights Assignment

Hope it helps. If the issue still occurs, please let us know.

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Sophia Xu Friday, March 9, 2012 2:42 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Sophia

Thanks for reply.  I try all your recomendations 1 by 1. If not work revert the process and go to another one until try all.

I lost my mind and not wrote all the scenaries.

First in my company want the IT members mount an exchange server in a new server sparetly to the other one that act like file and authentication server.  They want the e-mail (outlook) prompt another different password from Windows XP logging.  So the solution was make the new server a separate Domain with new Active Directory on it. ("yes I have to Wrote all the users again")

So, I have a File server that is too a Windows authentication server with his Active Directory.  For this example purpose I name it Server_1.  This server running Windows 2003R2 with SP2 and all patches as today.  For network purpose this can be the Domain1

The other server have Windows 2003 R2 with SP2 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and all patches as today.  This server name for example Purpose Windows 2003. For network purpose this can be the Domain2

We have all the Workstation Runnig with Windows XP with SP3 and all patches and Office 2007 Profesioanl Plus with patches I try to run SP3 for Office 2007 but that don't  fix this error.  I'm concious about an update make this problem but the password policy change prompt password every 4 month.  (In 4 month maybe updated hundreds of patch) If you know what I try to say; is dificult to know what patch could be the damage.

The temporary solution was said to the user when Outlook 2007 Prompt to change password they had to put in the Microsof Exchange field the same that appear in Domain.  And when they complete old password, new Password and confirm new password fields they can change the password.  But in 4 month the users lost their minds and call me sayig I can't change e-mail password.  I had to said please write the same as in the Domain field and if all fields are filled please click Ok.  When user follow this Instruction and press Ok, gotcha! they got a pop window saying your password suscesfully changed.

I'm Know that the Microsoft Exchange is the samename like Domain field.  But why this field comes not filled automatically.  In the past they comes filled too and the Users don't have a problem.

As today if 50 user have to change the e-mail password same day I receive 50 calls to said "In the 3rd field named Microsoft Exchage write the same as 2nd field named Domain"

The user never remember the instruction to fill that space.

I hope you can help and/or other one that see this post.

Thanks Again

P.D. I hope I explain more exactly if no please ask me anything you need to know for help me.

Friday, March 9, 2012 3:59 PM